Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just a Game?

I didn't get to see the Cardinal game last night, so this morning after my run I put it on SportsCenter to see the outcome.  I was happy to see the Cards pull out the win in overtime but became absolutely disgusted when I saw what happened with Yadier Molina!

If you missed it here's a link to the video:

Yadi's strike out

What I saw was a grown man playing a child's game acting like a spoiled brat!  I understand him wanting to win and that it's his profession but as a parent I'm more concerned with how this looks to my kids.  What lesson did they learn for Molina's antics?  What can be drawn from watching a grown man throw a tantrum?

James 1:19-20 says, "My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,  because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires."

As a parent I would use this incident to talk about our reaction to circumstances outside our control.  I would point out that God's way is much more productive than letting our emotions run wild.  I would show my kids that because Yadi acted the way he did, he'll probably be riding the bench during the most important stretch of the season so far.

Join the conversation and let me know what you think.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment